Heavy Equipment Operator ** $500 Sign On Bonus for Qualifying Operators
Ace Asphalt has an opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator in Arizona. This key position contributes to the project team in building successful construction projects.
ACE Asphalt is a full service asphalt paving company serving Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Texas. ACE specializes in maintenance and new construction of commercial, industrial, retail, church & religious centers, hospital/health care, raceways, airports, home owners associations, schools, educational facilities & public works projects.
ACE is recognized as the 2018 Top Contractor in Paving Repair, Repair, Sealcoating and Striping category by Pavement Maintenance & Construction. Also voted by Ranking Arizona: The Best of Arizona Business Top 10 Heavy Construction Company: 2003-2011, 2013-2014, 2016-2018.
Heavy Equipment Operators are responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and productive manner. Heavy equipment may include, but is not limited to trucks, blades, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, scrapers, skip loaders, skid steer, blades, backhoes, excavators, and water trucks/water pulls. An equipment operator will be assigned to a variety of jobs including mass excavation, civil construction and finish grading.
- Operates assigned equipment according to applicable policies and procedures: assures safety standards are maintained.
- Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
- Operates equipment to perform specific operations as assigned professionally & efficiently.
- Completes daily walk-around inspections of equipment to insure unit is in good operating condition and reports problems found to Supervisor and or Shop.
- Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems encountered.
- Maintains the cleanliness of assigned equipment.
- Works with and monitors fellow workers to insure safety and productivity.
- Assists with repair and or maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Completes general labor assignments, and assists other field personnel as required.
- Meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to work in a safety sensitive position
- Must comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work safely in both heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic areas.
- Strong organizational, follow-through, and communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism, and strong work ethic.
- Superior attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize, and complete work within given deadlines.
- Valid driver license and dependable transportation.
Education and Experience:
- GED or High School diploma as a minimum.
- Understanding of grade stakes required.
- Three (3) + years or equivalent Heavy Civil / Horizontal Construction experience.
- CAT heavy equipment experience preferred.
- Trench Safety, Competent person, OSHA training is highly preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Minimum 40 hours per week. More hours may be required.
- Some weekend and night work required depending on job requirements.
- Travel to jobsites may be required.
- Working outdoors in inclement climate.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and adhere to applicable safety policies.
- Acceptable level of correctable vision for Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral and Depth Perception.
- Hearing sufficient for being aware of back-up alarms, hearing equipment and for normal conversations.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest, safety toe boots, seat belt, gloves, etc.
- Use of both arms and legs required.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds or more, climb, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time under adverse field conditions.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
We strive to provide a great culture and we currently offer a comprehensive benefit package including Health Insurance plans (medical, dental, and vision), Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Paid Time Off (PTO), and a 401k program.
How to Apply
You can apply to join the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or respond with your resume to this posting.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. The company supports the Drug Free Workplace Act and therefore requires pre-employment drug testing on all newly hired employees. Ace Asphalt participates in E-Verify.