Safety Coordinator - Phoenix
Since 1966, Ace Asphalt has been providing quality asphalt paving, concrete, grading, stripping, sealing and repair services for commercial, industrial, and public work projects of all types; ensuring that our clients get a fair price and quality service they deserve. Ace Asphalt strives to be the most sought-after contractor for earthwork, paving and parking lot maintenance through our reliability, responsiveness and results.
Ace Asphalt's Safety Coordinator will:
- Perform administrative tasks for the Safety Department
- Develop and maintain safety related reports
- Maintain the OSHA 300 log
- Track safety incident data
- Electronically maintain safety documents
- Manage follow-up of safety tasks
- Manage Work Comp and Auto Insurance claims
- Other administrative duties as required
- Computer / Software skills including strong demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to clearly communicate with internal and external customers and explain discrepancies, work order directions, etc.
- Customer service skills with exceptional customer skills a must. Must maintain a strong focus on internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Written communication skills including the ability to read/write and interpret documents. Must be able to concisely explain policies and guidelines to customers in letters, memos, and e-mails as needed.
- Other work related skills such as strong attention to detail, exceptional time and organizational management and the ability to multi-task are all required for this position.
- Although not required, OSHA / DOT related experience within the construction industry is helpful.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidate strongly preferred.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
We strive to provide a great culture and we currently offer a comprehensive benefit package including Health Insurance plans (medical, dental, and vision), Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, and a 401k program.
How to Apply
You can apply to join the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or respond with your resume to this posting.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. The company supports the Drug Free Workplace Act and therefore requires pre-employment drug testing on all newly hired employees. Ace Asphalt participates in E-Verify.