Sales Assistant - Public Works
ACE Asphalt is a full service asphalt paving company serving Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Texas; recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US and voted by customers as one of the top businesses of its type in the Southwest for over 10 years running. Focused on providing very competitive pricing, long lasting surfaces, and a trusted warranty. Licensed, bonded and insured to cover virtually any sized project. ACE specializes in maintenance and new construction of commercial, industrial, retail, church & religious centers, hospital/health care, raceways, airports, home owners associations, schools, educational facilities & public works projects.
The Sales Assistant reports to the Public Works Director. Responsibilities include taking inquiries regarding customer requests for service and products, reporting market conditions to sales teams, recording sales results, account management using NetSuite, and performing miscellaneous administrative duties. This individual shows a high level of integrity and professionalism towards all internal and external customers at Ace Asphalt. The Sales Assistant role will also perform some general office tasks such as pulling purchase orders, scheduling work with contractors and vendors and answering and directing calls.
- Administrative functions include supplying information to salespeople through NetSuite, CRM Central and Price-Cal. Maintaining sales files, scheduling appointments, and other types of correspondence, and other details of effective office management.
- Understanding and assisting with managing co-op contracts.
- Understanding and completing RFP, RFQ’s and hard bid documents.
- Assist with account management by entering and updating account information effectively in NetSuite when necessary.
- Sales functions include lead generation, issue resolution, calling potential and current clients to ascertain future needs, and following up and prospecting accounts.
- Responsible to produce hot leads and quickly pass information to salespeople on a daily basis.
- Develop an understanding of and communicates information about products and services available in all markets.
- Assist in managing and providing details associated with scheduling and completing jobs.
- Assist sales in inquiring about outstanding Account Receivables.
- Miscellaneous duties and special projects as needed include attending sales conferences and networking functions.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned or necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess a discreet and positive work attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong desire to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to interact and establish relationships with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Develop effective working relationships with peers, sales team and across organizational lines.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work well in teams and independently.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and results-orientated professional.
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of and meet or exceed department standards.
- Independently prioritize work with good time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- GED or High School Diploma as minimum.
- 2+ years Administrative Assistant experience
- Prior knowledge of the construction field is desired, but not required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Minimum 40 hours per week.
- General office environment.
- Required no heavy lifting.
- Includes sitting for long periods of time.
- Required to travel and attend sales conferences/networking functions.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
We strive to provide a great culture and we currently offer a comprehensive benefit package including Health Insurance plans (medical, dental, and vision), Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, and a 401k program.
How to Apply
You can apply to join the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or respond with your resume to this posting.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. The company supports the Drug Free Workplace Act and therefore requires pre-employment drug testing on all newly hired employees. Ace Asphalt participates in E-Verify.
Job Status: Full Time