Shop Mechanic (NM)
Ace Asphalt has an opening for a Shop Mechanic, this key position contributes to the project team in building successful construction projects.
ACE Asphalt is a full service asphalt paving company serving Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Texas. ACE specializes in maintenance and new construction of commercial, industrial, retail, church & religious centers, hospital/health care, raceways, airports, home owners associations, schools, educational facilities & public works projects.
ACE is recognized as the 2018 Top Contractor in Paving Repair, Repair, Sealcoating and Striping category by Pavement Maintenance & Construction. Also voted by Ranking Arizona: The Best of Arizona Business Top 10 Heavy Construction Company: 2003-2011, 2013-2014, 2016-2018.
A Shop Mechanic who is proficient at making repairs in the following areas: Gasoline Engines, Diesel Engines, Drive Trains, Hydraulic Systems, Air and Hydraulic rake Systems, Suspension and Steering, Electrical / Electronic Systems, and preventative maintenance services.
- Understands and implements preventive maintenance schedules, practices and repairs.
- Understands and utilizes repair scheduling software and related activities.
- Experience with Earth Moving, Paving and Sealing equipment preferred.
- Possess own hand tools, air tools and miscellaneous tooling needed to perform job.
Skills / Requirements
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of repair and maintenance experience on heavy truck and automotive equipment.
- Valid driver license and dependable transportation.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Minimum 40 hours per week. More hours may be required.
- Some weekend and night work required depending on job requirements.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and adhere to applicable safety policies.
- Acceptable level of correctable vision for Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral and Depth Perception.
- Hearing sufficient for being aware of back-up alarms, hearing equipment and for normal conversations.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest, safety toe boots, seat belt, gloves, etc.
- Use of both arms and legs required.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds or more, climb, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time under adverse field conditions.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
We strive to provide a great culture and we currently offer a comprehensive benefit package including Health Insurance plans (medical, dental, and vision), Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, and a 401k program.
How to Apply
You can apply to join the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or respond with your resume to this posting.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. The company supports the Drug Free Workplace Act and therefore requires pre-employment drug testing on all newly hired employees. Ace Asphalt participates in E-Verify.