Slurry Line CDL Laborer ** $1000 Sign On Bonus
Ace Asphalt has an opening for a Slurry Line CDL Laborer in Arizona. This key position contributes to the project team in building successful construction projects.
ACE Asphalt is a full service asphalt paving company serving Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Texas. ACE specializes in maintenance and new construction of commercial, industrial, retail, church & religious centers, hospital/health care, raceways, airports, home owners associations, schools, educational facilities & public works projects.
ACE is recognized as the 2018 Top Contractor in Paving Repair, Repair, Sealcoating and Striping category by Pavement Maintenance & Construction. Also voted by Ranking Arizona: The Best of Arizona Business Top 10 Heavy Construction Company: 2003-2011, 2013-2014, 2016-2018.
Driver duties involve the operation of slurry trucks as needed in addition to the application of crack filling material at parking lots and roadways.
- Must be able to operate slurry line and drive slurry truck
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are loaded and operational before leaving the yard.
- Inspect assigned vehicle; pickup and/or deliver materials or equipment to job.
- Apply slurry utilizing long handled squeegee
- Clean, sweep, prep oil spots and fill cracks prior to sealing or slurry.
- Helps trim all edges and participates in hand work as needed.
- Helps to maintain the job site in a neat and orderly manner including barricades as needed.
- Make sure that all tools and equipment are picked up at the end of each job.
- At end of day, clean up, inspect, and report any damage to or problems with truck to the shop and foreman.
- Special Projects as Needed.
Skills / Requirements
- 2+ years commercial driving experience
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Minimum 40 hours per week with overtime as needed.
- Some weekend and night work required depending on job requirements.
- Hearing sufficient for being aware of back-up alarms, hearing equipment and for normal conversations.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds, walk, climb, stand, bend and stoop for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and adhere to applicable safety policies.
- Must be able to complete work tasks under various weather conditions including heat in excess of 100 degrees.
- Acceptable level of correctable vision for Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral and Depth Perception.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest, steel toe boots, seat belt, gloves, etc.
- Use of both arms and legs required.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
We strive to provide a great culture and we currently offer a comprehensive benefit package including Health Insurance plans (medical, dental, and vision), Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, and a 401k program.
How to Apply
You can apply to join the team at email@example.com or respond with your resume to this posting.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. The company supports the Drug Free Workplace Act and therefore requires pre-employment drug testing on all newly hired employees. Ace Asphalt participates in E-Verify